WANTED: Ladieswear Assistant Manager
Dear friends of mine are looking for some support in their stores in Kelso; the role is Assistant Manager to Ladieswear, the job spec goes as follows:
We are seeking a strong Assistant Manager to work within the Ladieswear department of a multi-award winning independent lifestyle country clothing retailer based in the Scottish Borders.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a niche independent retailer that focuses on providing premium lifestyle country clothing for both Ladies and Gentlemen of a discerning and stylish nature. Focused on sourcing the very best of both local and globally hand-picked brands, no matter what the product, from caps to socks and shoes and everything in between, we aim to provide our customers with the very best collections and experience the country clothing market has to offer.
The successful applicant must have previous managerial experience, working within Fashion Retail.
This will be a dynamic and extremely hands-on, diversified role within our flagship retail store.
To assist the managing of the ladieswear department and assist in all other areas of the business when required, achieving high standards through excellent team and customer service skills.
Core Job Duties
· Greeting customers who enter the shop and answering any queries they may have
· Acknowledge and establish rapport with potential and actual customers
· Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for
· Assist the store team to deliver outstanding customer service and operational excellence
· Assist with window and in store visual merchandising
· Ensure visual merchandising standards are maintained to the highest levels
· Accurately undertake store administration as and when required
· Being responsible for processing cash and card payments
· Replenishing the shop floor with merchandise and undertaking stock takes as directed
· Dealing with discrepancies and problems if they arise and report them to management if
· Ensure all retail areas are maintained to the shop floor standards at all times
· Responsible for security within the store and being on the look-out for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc
· Assist with deliveries, checking all goods match delivery note and report any discrepancies
· Demonstrate flexibility when required within the role and provide holiday and/or sickness cover
· Any ad hoc duties
Additional Job Role Duties and Responsibilities
· Build relationships with suppliers and brand agents
· Support the Ladieswear buyer with buying, mechandising and stock control
· Assisting with photo shoots and external events
· To provide effective leadership and cover for management absence
· Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands
Skills and Experience
You will need a range of skills, notably:
· Retail Supervisory experience essential
· Acting with a professional and respectful manner to all individuals
· Effective delegation skills and ability to prioritise work activities
· Able to lead by example to motivate, generate commitment and enthusiasm within the team
· Excellent customer care and selling skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills to build strong relationships internally and externally at all business levels
· Decision making skills
· Time Management skills
· Understanding and implementation of visual merchandising
· Enjoy working with the public
· The ability to work in a dynamic environment
· Have a polite, helpful manner
· Be confident and assertive
Minimum 40 hours per week contract based on 5 days including Saturdays, however flexibility of working hours is essential.
Must be able to attend external events, which may involve nights away.
A Hume: http://www.ahume.co.uk/
How to apply
To apply for this position, please forward your CV with a covering letter stating why you are the right person for our vacancies either by e mail to james(dot)abbott @ ahume.co.uk or by mail to Mr James Abbott, A Hume Outfitters Limited, 46 The Square, Kelso, Roxburghshire, TD5 7HL.
Closing Date for Applications – Friday 10th June 2016