Who is Colin Gilchrist?
Colin is the CEO, MD, Business Developer, Account Director, Buck Stopper, Whisky Drinker. From Edinburgh originally by way of Manchester (freshers week consisted of Madonnas first UK gig at the Hacienda... 1984) by way of London for a number of years and then home again - relief!
It's fair to say I am an opportunist that is passionate about making business in Scotland successful.
I project manage website builds and carryout large scale social media strategies both Marketing and Customer Relationship Management - working with advertising agencies and businesses.
Business-to-Business: Social Media activity working with Law, Finance and Commercial Property Businesses.
Assessing staff existing social activity, providing a training needs analysis, delivering training, developing strategies and then policing that activity. Activity typically revolves around the creation of deeper more effective Linkedin profiles for better business development.
Business-to-Consumer: Delivering marketing and customer care programmes to FMCG , Fashion Retail and the Leisure sectors:
The format works like this:
Firstly ensure a staff policy exists for social media activity - to cover the business and employee (as email and web use within the business).
1. Analysing the company and its competitors
2. Analysing the staff existing social activity
3. Supplying a Training Needs Analysis
4. Developing and delivering a Training programme
5. Developing a strategy for each division within the company (in association with the retained or inhouse advertising or marketing company)
6. Setting up monitoring and assessing tools to police the activity to deliver weekly or monthly reports
7. Assist in the appointment of a Community Manager if appropriate